
Seriously!! Actually---the wheat that I used is literally 30 plus years old!
The bread itself was just made on Saturday!! Honest!
My mom brought me some wheat that she's had stored in her basement
that her dad (who died in 1989) had in big barrels. My first try (on the right)
didn't do so well. It was short, dense and lumpy on the top....yikes!
So, I went to a bread making class at our local Preparedness store. Got a fewbaking tips on baking wheat bread. Made 2 changes and voila! It worked---
I think it looks great (left) and it was moist and tasted really good. Now,
I'll practice, practice, practice!!!!
OAKS ARRIVAL!
9 years ago




3 comments:
Yum, I would love some of that on "fast" day!
30 year old wheat? Almost makes me a little unsure of eating it. I would probably slice right into it though, if I had no clue...
Cate is excited for you guys to come tonight!
See ya soon!
Cool mom!!! How did it taste!? Send me your recipe :) My KitchenAide needs to make something!!!
Post a Comment