Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grandma Betty's Visit


Grandma's here~ I kept her really busy, actually, she wanted to help me get some of my list done which included: making and freezing salsa!!

zucchini-grated, froze and made 6 loaves that disappeared in a couple of days!!

Applesauce- 15 pts bottled (getting more but will have to have Gina come help-haha!)
Tomatoes!! we picked the last of them and this is what's left after the 3 silver bowls of salsa.
We had to get a new freezer-the chest freezer's lid split apart and filled with frost so heavy I couldn't lift it up by myself. It took 2 people to get the meat out each time. I was excited to get an upright AND it fit on the back porch! No more going out side to get something out of the freezer! Whoo hoo! So, Gina and I pushed our guts out to get the old freezer out of the pump house.
Didn't know we were that strong eh? Look at it now!!Sunday Grandma doing her hair then swinging to dry it. The cats loved her....they followed her around and snuggled when she sat down(and scratched a bit too)

Anyway, we've had a great week with grandma here, Gina and Kyle and the kids all during corn harvest. We got a lot done!!!! Sadly she'll be heading home tues morning......till next time....Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Court n Chad said...

Wow, ou got a TON done! And yay for the new freezer! We're sad we missed grandma this time, but Chad has been working his tail off too. Guess I should blog about that huh? Tell grandma hi!
~Court

Court n Chad said...

OMG(osh)!! I don't even recognize the pumphouse. Well done! It looks great.
-Chad

Ryan and Janelle said...

hahah grandma on the swing!!! That is an AWESOME photo!!! Tooo funny! Looks like you DID put her to work! Good job! Love the blog!
xoxo jj