Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fabulous Family Weekend X 2!!







We had a fabulous weekend with ALL of my 7 grandchildren and ALMOST all of my children! Chad and Courtney blessed little baby Sawyer on Sunday and we were all there except BJ (that, of course, is in San Diego at Camp Pendelton). We had a really interesting visit to the 'Bean Museum' on the BYU Provo campus. Would recommend it to every one of any age!!! The kids call it the 'Dead Animal Zoo'. IT was awesome-thousands of all types of animals, fish, insects, birds etc that are stuffed (taxidermy). Maybe Gina took some pics of this......?

Then we barbqued at Chad and Courtney's-yummy! Visited in the evening, put kids to bed and crashed ourselves as church was at 9 am!

Sawyer was a little doll! He was so good during his blessing! He looks adorable doesn't he? And he LOVES his grandma Cindy! He smiled and cooed at me every time I got the chance to hold him! Loved it. He seriously looked at me like he was listening to everything I was telling him. My goodness he's cute. I don't think we got a pic of the two of us though :(( Kayson and Ella had a blast with Cate, Landon, JoJo and Brooklyn. Then added to the fun were Courtney's family and all the fun cousins that came with them. We hung out and ate brunch food-yummy again and we planned an absolutely great family weekend in July---surprise to come-can't wait! look for a mid July post!!!!!!

Then----------BJ calls us at Chad's to tell us he was given an award!! It is a Civilian award from the company that builds the LW155 Howitzer Weapon. Awesome eh? And rare! He had recommended some improvements he thought they could make to improve the performance of the Howitzer. They checked into his ideas-loved them and then implemented them. See if you can read the certificate--cool eh? We're proud of you Blaine! Another fun event to happen this weekend.

Then, as all good things do, they come to an end. We loaded up our 2 cars and headed home to Idaho. Boo Hoo! Tons of fun in 48 hours! Phew!! That was a wonderful weekend-thanks guys!! (Sorry I swiped your pics--if you have better quality can I borrow them??)

1 comment:

Larsen said...

Yes, MOM I have better quality photos. Let me upload them to my comptuer tonight.

Fun post. I could duplicate, but would have to add that our hotel SUCKED with our booking (we have such poor hotel luck!) and that I got sick at the end of it.