Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving at Chad and Courtney's


Well, we're off to Chad and Courtney's for Black Friday and rest of the weekend! Yea!! Lynn's sporting the mountain man look....

Blake is working on the computer.....me---Im taking the pics with my new camera. An early Christmas gift for Lynn and I. Love it!! I can even work it all by my self. No more cursing my lack of pic taking ability! My old camera is still a good little camera-I just couldn't work it well. I needed a more 'friendly' one.

We were lucky this year!! We got to have Thanksgiving Day with Gina, Kyle, Cate, Landon, Jocelyn, Mac and Kelly at Gina and Kyles. It was fun, great food and it was Lynns' birthday to boot. Therefore we got birthday cake AND pumkin pie all on the same day. Can't beat that can ya?? We went to Mac and Kellys and had pies, cake and we watched 'IRON MAN' on their big screen TV-awesome!!

Court and Kayson snuggling. Aren't they cute!? So is their new home. Our first visit and we think it's adorable. They've done A LOT of work on it and it looks great!!

Kayson is getting so big and he talks so well and I swear he has the best manners of any 2 yr old and most adults I know. Good job C & C!!

Ella loved Blake! here she is looking adoringly at him. She'd just stare at him while he was talking.

We also "celebrated" JJ's birthday while we were there. A little early but we wanted her to open her gifts while we were there. Gina made these great looking earrings and necklace for J. She loved them. We bought her some new shoes and an OLD movie that she'd been wanting.......THE QUEST....with the 'donkeyshine' in it. We watched it and se laughed at how bad it was and how much they remembered. Courtney and Ryan probably thought we were nuts. they'd never seen it and had no childhood memories like we did. It was a blast anyway...

OK, so how many Pack Men does it take to change a diaper??? 2!! Plus the one needing the change makes 3!! They were a riot. Kayson was wiggling.

Here we are at the Tempanaki! Favorite restaurant now a days.....here are Court, Chad and Lynn. Blake and I below....

Not as good as Japan but the closest we can get right now!

Ella is sooo cute. She makes these cute little faces...it's hilarious. She is such a good baby!

I had to take this one. I looked over and there they were--two of a kind. Mesmerized by the tv.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and sooooo much to be thankful for. Family is my favorite and my greatest blessing. We love our family and miss the ones that aren't there. We missed Blaine!!! But! He'll be home for Christmas---the whole family will be together this year for the first time in 3 Christmases! Can't wait. Trying to make it as nostalgic as possible for the children. The Lord has blessed our family so much this year. Both of the 'little boys' made it home safe and sound, a new baby, Ella, added to the mix, health and happiness for all. My list could go on but since I only blog once in a blue moon I need to post this and get ready for church. If I put it off-it'll never get done.

We love you all kids (and spouses of kids) and of course our grandchldren--we hope you know that!

2 comments:

Court n Chad said...

Good Post! Thanks for coming and all the fun and food. There really wasn't ever a dull moment. The cookies disappeared fairly quick (we could've done more frosting haah).

Chad

Ryan and Janelle said...

Its about time you updated your blog!!! Great post mom, but even BETTER pictures!!! Glad you finally figured out how to work a digital camera!!! xoxo